||I understand the importance of listening and working with the citizens of Vancouver. I believe public safety is vitally important as we struggle with empty offices, lost jobs, and vacant homes. If we're to rebuild our community with dwindling resources, we need informed citizens and involved council members. We need council members that work with the neighborhoods and the citizens.
- Vancouver resident for 32 years.
- Husband Terry taught English in Battle Ground School District for 35 years. Terry is a Vietnam Veteran, serving from 1969-1971.
- Son John graduated from Vancouver Public Schools and Western Washington University
Civic Engagement Activities:
- Current Chair of the Vancouver Neighborhood Alliance.
- Chair of Shumway Neighborhood Association since 1995.
- Attended meetings for 43 different Neighborhood Associations in the last 3 years.
- Wrote and implemented Community Development Block Grants, Matching Grants and Art Grants.
- Wrote grants, and action steps, for Neighborhood Action Plans.
- Involved in the Shumway Park development.
- Wrote grants for Sidewalk replacement and development.
- Involved in Neighborhood Clean-ups.
- Wrote and implemented grant for Community Emergency Response Team.
- Involved in the 39th Street Transportation Project.
- Neighbors On Watch (NOW) volunteer.
- Fire Corps volunteer.
|Planning & Development:
- 5 years on the City of Vancouver Planning Commission.
- Member and attended the 1999 Vancouver City Hall Task Force.
- Attended the Stormwater Technical Work Group, Watesheds Council and Parks Foundation.
- Attended meetings of the Downtown and City Center Redevelopment Authorities.
- Involved in or attended meetings for the Transportation Improvement Program.
- Wrote and involved in the adoption of the Tree ordinance.
- Wrote and involved in the adoption of the Critical Areas ordinance.
- Supported Subarea plans - Fruit Valley, 4th Plain, Section 30, Central Park.
- Moderated First Tuesdays.
- Wrote and involved in the adoption of the Vancouver City Center Vision.
- District Chair, Scoutmaster and Eagle Mentor for Boy Scouts of America.
- Volunteer for K Rod Run.
- Past President of the Columbia River International Baccalaureate Parent Group.
|Safe Community Groups:
- Past Member of the Safe Communities Task Force.
- Graduate of the Vancouver Fire Department Community Academy.
- Member of the Vancouver Graffiti Task Force.
- Graduate of Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Past Member of Environmental Justice.
- Wrote tree planting grants and planted for- Friends of Trees.
- Areas of Current Interest
- General Chemical Settling Pond
- Coal Transportation Systems
- Member of the I-5 Trade and Transportation Task Force.
- Secretary and Member of the Neighborhood Traffic Safety Alliance.
- Attend Columbia River Crossing Project Sponsors meetings.
- Attend Regional Transportation Council meetings.
- Involved in and attended meetings for the Urban Entrepreneurs Network.
- Member of the 1999 Vancouver Budget Review.
- Treasurer for the Uptown Village Association
- Board member and Vice President of the Clark County Historical Society.
- President of the League of Women Voters.
- Rotary - Member, Festival of Trees Chair, Scholarship Committee Member.
- Member of the 4th Plain Corridor Study.
- Member and Speaker for Dining for Women.
- Graduate of and presenter for Leadership Clark County.
- Gold Star Family Liaison for the Community Military Appreciation Committee.
- Member of La Society de Femme - Child Welfare Chair.
- Assistance League of Southwest Washington Member.
- Daybreak Youth Services Board Member.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education - Southern Oregon State College.
- Master's Degree in Education - Lewis and Clark College.
- Administrative Certification Course Work - U of O and PSU.
- 30 years as a public school teacher.
- Chair of the Mathematics Department.
- Lecturer and Instructor at colleges and universities.
- Consultant for schools districts in Washington and Oregon.
- Editor and author for Oregon's State Math Journal.
- Oregon Department of Education, College Evaluation Team Member and Chair.
- Supervising Master for Student Teachers.
- Workshop Presenter at State and National Math Conferences.
- Coauthor, Chapter 13. Reforming Middle School Mathematics Constructively, Whole Learning in the Middle School: Evolution and Transition.
- Secondary Portfolio Reviewer, (MAT level) Lesley University, 2006-2007.
- Oregon Math Teacher of the Year.
- National Teacher Award - Milken Foundation.
- Presidential finalist for Secondary Mathematics, Oregon
- American Red Cross 2013 Real Heroes Award for First Aid/CPR:
While driving a support vehicle for a bike trip in central Oregon, Anne determined one of the riders was having a heart attack.
She rushed her friend to a Park Entrance Station in the Crater Lake National Park, where emergency help was requested. While at the station, her friend lost consciousness in the back seat and slumped over. In order to do CPR, Anne hoisted her friend out of the car onto the pavement to assess her condition and start CPR. Anne, with the help of her husband Terry, continued CPR until the paramedics arrived about 15 minutes later.
Her friend survived and is enjoying life with her family in Clark County.